Saturday, November 19, 2005

Thank you, Lord…

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, many will soon be gathered at their respective family tables for a time of feasting and fellowship. During these gatherings, even those who are outside of Christ will find themselves drawn into prayer and thanksgiving to God, if for no other reason than to keep with tradition.

Since they will then have God and the giving of thanks on their minds, those of us who are in Christ should use this wonderful opportunity to glorify God, and to point these souls to Him through Jesus. When gathered around the table, we could raise the question, “Since we’re celebrating ‘Thanksgiving’ together, why don’t each of us take a few moments to share what we’re thankful for?” Then, when our own turn comes, we can use the opportunity to thank God for Jesus Christ, and give a personal testimony which includes the gospel message.

As with most get-togethers, there will probably be times of one on one interaction, as well, before and after the meal. We can also use these times to ask our family members about what they’re thankful for, and point them to true thanksgiving that comes through salvation in Jesus Christ.

Let’s not just eat turkey and stuffing this Thanksgiving, let's also say “Thank you, Lord” by being faithful witnesses of His glorious gospel!

4 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Stan Peck said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all of the famliy i got with didn't even utter a prayer of thanks for the food this past thanksgiving....

that's pretty bad...
i'm not slamming them though, the bible condmens slamming family...well, parents, but it does bother me.


http://www.calltodiscipleship.blogspot.com

11:44 AM

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger James Rondon said...

My family did the same thing. My wife and I were late getting to my parents house, due to the fact that we had had lunch at my in-laws, and ended up staying too long. We were only about 15 minutes late to my parents house. When we arrived, they had already started eating. I found out later, however, that they did not pray together beforehand. They said it was because I wasn't there. I was disappointed, to say the least.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said a prayer around the Thanksgiving table. My husband, 2 sons, and my husband's uncle were there. No one wanted to say the blessing so when my husband asked me to I did. When I was done my husband commented "Well, I guess I can't pray to that!" I had ended my prayer with "In Jesus' Name." He is not Christian which makes it very difficult to raise my sons in a Christian home. But I felt like I did what God wanted me to do so I was satisfied. I did it again when we visited my mom at Christmas. This time he didn't say anything - probably because it wasn't in his house. But I should be able to worship my way in my home and will continue to do so. I think I would feel sick if I didn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here for $10,000 offer